At the beginning of this contest, a five-to-seven minute test speech will be presented by a test speaker. Contestants will be given 5 minutes after the speech to prepare (they may also write notes during the speech).
After the test speaker, contestants will be taken to a separate room. After 5 minutes to prepare, one at a time each contestant will be invited back into the main room to present their evaluation
- Speakers must speak for a minimum of 1:30 and no longer than 3:30
- 25% of the speech may be devoted to quoting, paraphrasing, or referencing another person’s content.
- Contestants may remain in the main room after they have given their evaluation.
- Evaluation Contest speeches must be from two (2) to three (3) minutes. A contestant will be disqualified if the speech is less than one (1) minute 30 seconds or more than three (3) minutes 30 seconds.
- Be a paid member in good standing