Contestants present a humorous speech that must be thematic in nature (opening, body, and close)
- Speakers must speak for a minimum of 4:30 and no longer than 7:30
- Speeches must be substantially original.
- 25% of the speech may be devoted to quoting, paraphrasing, or referencing another person’s content.
- Contestants must not reference another contestant, or a speech presented by another contestant, from the platform at the same contest in which they are competing.
- Contestants who plan to use props (including any sort of electronic devices) must notify the contest chair prior to the contest.
- Contestants may enlist someone to help them with props, but it is not the responsibility of the contest chair or any other contest official to do so.
- Speech can not a monologue (series of one-liners).
- Avoid potentially objectionable language, anecdotes, and material
- Humorous contest speeches must be from five (5) to seven (7) minutes. A contestant will be disqualified if the speech is less than four (4) minutes 30 seconds or more than seven (7) minutes 30 seconds.
- Timer will not buzz you off
- For International contests:
- The green signal will be displayed at five (5) minutes and remain displayed for one (1) minute.
- The yellow signal will be displayed at six (6) minutes and remain displayed for one (1) minute.
- The red signal will be displayed at seven (7) minutes and will remain on until the conclusion of the speech.
- In the event of technical failure of the signal or timing equipment, a speaker is allowed 30 seconds extra overtime before being disqualified.
- Be a paid member in good standing